Saturday, February 13, 2010

shopping. and not the good kind.

Does anyone like car shopping?  Because I am dreading it.  The Mister and I are headed out in a little bit to look at cars.  My lease is up in 30 days so I really can't put it off any longer... 

I remember when getting a new car was exciting.  That was probably when I wasn't the one paying for said car. It's so much more fun to pick out the perfect color {obvs the most important car-related decision} when you're not trying to calculate in your head how much more a month it will cost to add the sport package.

I'd love to just lease the same car again, but I have a feeling I'm in for a bit of sticker shock on the monthly payments.  Last time I looked, they want about $159 a month more than I'm currently paying to lease the same model car in the current model year.  WTF?  I thought we were in a recession.  I'm hardly enthusiastic about the prospect of coughing up a pile of cash for a car, particularly since I could probably walk  to 90% of places I go.  My office, the grocey store, the gym and Starbucks are all within 1 mile of my house. What else does a girl need?  I should really scrap this plan and get a bike.  Damn Florida, with its humidity and daily rain.  Plus, let's get serious - I'm far too lazy to walk everywhere.  I'd end up homebound. 

So, I'm off to the dealership to haggle with the sales staff and try to get myself a sweet deal on a new ride. 

Wish me luck. 

Oh, and because I hate posts without pictures, here's one from our engagement session that cracks me up everytime I see it.


Happy Saturday!

10 comments:

jill said...

LOVE that picture!!! let us know what you pick out. :)

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

i have to buy a car soon and i am dreading it! That picture is adorable-looks like it is from a magazine:)

sara said...

I can't offer one bit of advice about car shopping, but....your picture is awfully cute!

Ashley said...

Cute picture. :)

Jessica said...

cute pic!! :) we actually spent the entire day car shopping yesterday, got there at noon & didnt get home til 8 pm. It's succchhhhh a task! We got a brand new nissan sentra though so at least it worked out. GOOD LUCK! :)

RN Mama said...

Hahaha, love that picture!

Can't wait to hear what you got:) If I lived in Florida, I think I'd have to go with a red convertible, but that's just me.

Nishant said...

That picture is adorable-looks like it is from a magazine

How to make a website

Lucky in Love said...

Hope it went okay :)


And that is the coolest picture I have ever seen :)

Sara said...

Let me know what kind of car you guys decide on. My hubs and I are on the lookout for a new car too. We're hoping to get one by the end of the summer. Let me know!

Shana said...

I no absolutely nothing about care shopping, but I adore that picture!

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity