Well, hey there. Last time we talked I was telling you to make this yummy pasta with goat cheese sauce. Have you tried it yet? You really should.
Anyway, what's been going on since then? Nothing too exciting but plenty to keep us busy. Our house is back on the market. We listed it for a short time during the fall but took it off the market for the holidays. We relisted two weeks ago and have had lots of potential buyers come through. No offers yet but hopefully soon. Keeping a house picked up and clean every day for showings with a wild one year old is exhausting!
The aforementioned one year year old of house destroying propensity has had essentially nonstop ear infections for the past month which, combined with her history of frequent ear infections, earned us a referral to the ENT. Little missy is getting ear tubes in a few weeks. I hate the idea of surgery, no matter how minor, but I know they'll help her so much.
Let's see, what else? Oh, the lease on my car is up
tomorrow today (didn't quite get this posted last night) annnnnddddd I've yet to figure out what to replace it with. I've been car shopping (alone! look at me go!) but I still feel like I'm not getting a good deal. My dad is a basically a car buying ninja so I'm trying to negotiate a deal that would make him proud. I haven't found that deal yet but it might be time to settle for good enough and you know, get a damn car. If anyone sees me on the side of the road with my thumb out, pick a girl up, would ya?
My next blog post may very likely be months away so we're going to just start in with the bullet points so I can jabber on about all the silly things I've been meaning to share. And maybe a few random thoughts tossed in for good measure.
- I got the Olay Professional Pro-X scrubber-doo and I really like it. I've never used the Clairisonic so I can't compare the two but I think my skin has really improved since I've started using the Olay thing-a-mabob. (I really have no idea what the thing is called.) My pores appear smaller and my skin seems brighter. Not too shabby for $25.
- On a similar note, I mentioned in my post on resolutions that I was going to take better care of my skin. Apparently Brian noticed the influx of new lotions, potions, and masks because when I walked into the living room with a mask on last night, he said to me, "You know you're beautiful and very young looking, right? What's with all this stuff?" I decided to ignore "young looking" and take the compliment. Such a sweet man I married. I assured him it was no midlife crisis, just an attempt to take better care of my skin.
- I bought Blaire a pair of tiny Toms on Zulily this morning. I'm not a fan of Toms for me but the little pink ones looked too cute to pass up. One baby hipster, coming right up!
- Are you watching the new show on Fox, The Following? So scary. So good. I probably miss half the show because I watch most of it with my hands over my eyes. (My default position when watching anything scary is hands over my eyes with my thumbs over my ears, so I can block the screen, as well as the creepy sound effects, when necessary. Yes, I am in fact a major wuss.) The show is royally screwing with my head. I basically suspect everyone of being in on the deal. My latest suspect? The wife. Is she in on it? The real mastermind? I don't know...I've got a bad feeling about her.
- I got lowlights three weeks ago. I hate them.
- I've been loving my Gap legging jeans lately. They're skinny with the right amount of stretch and not too low rise. This is critical as low rise usually equals muffin top, for me. Also, I'm a mother. No one wants to see my underwear (or worse) when I'm bending over to pick up my kid. I'd think that's also the case for those who aren't parents too but what do I know of youth and fashion? (Answer: nothing.) (I tried to link to them but it seems like they're out of stock on the website right now. I just ordered a second pair a couple weeks ago so maybe it's temporary. Update: They're back on the website, here. They used to have at least two colors so stock may be coming back in slowly?)
- It's going to be 90 here on Saturday. 90! I'm determined to seek out a heated pool and take advantage. If I'm not car shopping that is...
Wow, skincare, shoes, tv, hair, and jeans. This was obviously a very deep, very important update. It's a good thing I found my way back to the blog to share this with all of you.