five on friday


Happy Friday, everyone!


 I'm linking up with the girls again for Five on Friday. Today's five is about as random as it gets but that's the way it goes around here.

...one...
 
I am so looking forward to this weekend. Sunshine and temperatures in the high 80s - we may just have our first pool day of the spring! The water is probably still freezing but Blaire is just dying to get in there and swim. I'm not sure we can keep her out another weekend.  

 
We stuck our toes in a couple weeks ago but it was CHILLY. Here's hoping the sunshine works its magic and warms up that water! I'm glad I picked up some self tanner if I have to stuff myself in a bathing suit!  (I bought TanWise - which I heard about here - will let you know how it works.)

...two...

Speaking of Blaire - she's potty trained!


For the most part. We still do a diaper at night but she's been in big girl undies for two or three weeks and is doing great.

...three...

The Gators are in the Final Four!



I don't really give a hoot about basketball but it makes me happy to see my Gators do well.

...four...


I am making very slow progress in decorating our house. When you go from 1300 square feet to 3600 square feet, you have quite a bit of space to fill. It's not going to happen overnight. But I decorated the nook at the end of the hallway and it makes me happy every time I walk by it. Nevermind there's still a room in our house that's entirely empty. We also got a new dining room table but no chairs yet. I'm still trying to decide what I'd like to do. And I'm working on Blaire's big girl room - we're about to move from crib to bed. Hopefully I'll have progress in there soon and can share some pictures. It's so fun to decorate a little girl's room. There aren't too many other places in the house where I can get away with pink and polka dots.
 
...five...
 
Quite a few of you wanted the story on how exactly I got lost in the shower. (If you missed that post - I got lost in the shower. You're caught up now.)  I'm always up to embarrass myself so here's how it went down.
 
First, you should understand that our master bath is an odd set up. We basically have two separate bathrooms which run parallel to one another, with our master closets running down the middle. At the end of each bathroom/vanity area is a room which has a toilet on either side and a shower/jacuzzi tub combo in the middle. There's a shower curtain on each side of the shower and each of us can step in to the shower from our respective sides of the bathroom.
 
Anyway, I'm in the shower, washing my hair. I'm rinsing out the shampoo with my eyes closed and must have stayed that way a bit too long because when I opened my eyes I was completely disoriented. I looked over to the side of the shower for my conditioner and couldn't find it. I started spinning in circles and couldn't figure out  where the hell my conditioner was - or where I was. My heart started pounding and I got nervous. I stopped spinning and pulled back the shower curtain to try to get my bearings. Turns out, I was just facing the wrong way in the shower. I turned around, found the conditioner right where it should be, and then decided I was most definitely losing my damn mind.
 
And just so we don't end with a story of how I'm insane, here's a gratuitous photo of my munchkin. She's "hiding."
 
 
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Definitely want an update on the tanner. I'll have to bust that out soon too! Yay for Blaire and for you saving money on diapers! I would hate to guess how much I've spent on the things between both kids. Enough to buy a lifetime supply of tanning lotion, I'm sure. :) Happy weekend!

Nat said...

That shower story is amazing!! It sounds exactly like how I would react if that happened to me too! Hope you get to enjoy some pool time this weekend and yay for Blaire being potty trained!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

Getting lost in the shower is just about the funniest thing I've ever heard. Hahahaha.

Also, Blaire is so stinking gorgeous! That hair!!

Julia said...

She is to die for cute. And I love the hallway nook. I totally feel about being overwhelmed with decorating. I really appreciate good decorating, but at the end of the day, I'm not sure I am dedicated or patient enough to do a really find job with my own place. Yours looks great tho!

Julia said...

totally feel ya* and fine" job (queen of typos here)

Stephanie Hain Torres said...

We are in the midst of potty train and. it. sucks. Also, I can't wait to hear about TanWise. We are headed to Cabo in a few weeks and pasty doesn't even begin to describe what I look like these days...

Samma said...

I need pictures of the bathroom setup- too tired to envision. Yay for pool season! We just started swim lessons at the indoor pool at the Y and I'm so excited.

Emily Clark said...

I started using tanwise a few weeks ago and LOVE it! I've really only needed to apply once a week. The face gel rocks as well. I'm curious to see how it will look once I start getting in salt water..

Blair's adorable btw. Congrats on the potty training!

Kristen said...

yay for potty training! and house decorating :) i want that little bench you have so bad!

Maggie said...

Go Blaire go!

I confess to thinking about all that square footage and envisioning how fun a road trip to Florida would be for a decorating weekend :-)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Blaire is a cutie..I love her gold flats!

I think taking your time to decorate is the right choice...you want things to be exactly how you want them and buying all at once just to fill up a space never turns out good,

And, ahhh, that shower story! Sounds just like something I would do!

ukash said...

totally feel ya* and fine" job (queen of typos here)